Rad Reading- March

This month I am almost done reading Squirm by Carl Hiassan I am on page 238 out of 260. I this story Billy goes to find his dad who his mom has been divorced from since he was 5. As he adventures deeper into his dad’s story he finds out that his dad is protecting animals from different poachers. As he keeps doing this though one of the poachers catches on and is chasing Billy’s dad throughout the state of Montana. Though as far as I have read the poacher has yet to been captured and is still hunting Billy’s dad. I liked this book because it was a mystery and somebody was being hunted by another person and it was full of action. My favorite character in the book is Billy because he stands up for others. One quote to prove this is “I couldn’t just watch this happen to the poor kid, so next thing I know I’ve got the bully in a head lock.” (Pg. 52) This shows this because he stood up to the bully who was bullying another kid. My favorite quote is “I couldn’t just watch this happen to the poor kid, so next thing I know I’ve go the bully in a head lock.” (Pg 52) I liked this quote because the main character was outlawed at his school before that but after it showed that Billy really cared.

One thought on “Rad Reading- March

1. Please use a different quote for the character trait and your favourite. You have a whole book to utilize! Also, I need to know more about why you liked it. A few more sentences to really give me more information is needed. 🙂